Bronze Certificate Ceremonies
Yr1-3 will be held Monday 29 July at 2:10pm
Yr 4-7 will be Friday 2 August at 9am
Senior Carnival will now be held on Friday 2 August
Junior Carnival will be held on Tuesday 17 September.
Benowa SHS invites Year 6 & 7 students to
"Back to the 80's"
Friday July 26 10am - 12 noon
tickets $5 payment due Thursday 18 July.
July 23 - August 28
Prep - Yr 3 Athletics Carnival
Thursday 25 July
Program for Jnr Carnival
Year 4-7 Athletics Carnival
Friday 19 July
Program for Snr Carnival
Annual Implementation Plan
The school has finalised its strategic plan for the year. I would like to take this opportunity to share with you the School’s Improvement Agenda for 2013.
students will demonstrate an improved ability to make inferences from text
- students will improve their fluency across all aspects of Mathematics
- students will gain a deeper understanding of problem solving through applying strategies
- students will know and perform mental computations/calculations with improved accuracy
- students will demonstrate an improved ability to create and construct cohesive texts for a range of purposes and audiences;
Early Years Strategy
- The school will focus strongly on student achievement, intervention programs and pedagogy across Prep-2
- students will participate in online learning projects
- students will participate in a range of extra curricula activities, provided through the school, recognising the development of the whole child personalised learning will occur across all classrooms.
Priority Areas of Development
- Students will receive feedback that is timely and linked to outcomes
- Explicit teaching and differentiation is common place across the school and the mode of instructional delivery
- Timely data collections will determine the direction of teacher instruction supported by strong instructional leadership
- Well Being
- Students and community know, understand and enact the school’s expec tations related to behaviour
- Wellbeing is a focus across the school.